Campaign Overview Edit
What’s the Big Picture? What’s going on in this setting that makes it ripe for adventure. What’s changing, evolving, declining?Edit
The Enclave wants to clean the Denver Wasteland of all non-Vault born creatures by launching a nuke on Denver. To do this they must find, gain access to, and trick an old government AI (in Vault 29) into thinking that its under attack so that it will tell the satellite to launch its payload.
They're pretty much opposed by everyone.
- A gang of super mutants from the Master's Army has moved into the wreckage of the Denver business district.
- They're opposed by the local ghoul town which has made the crater around Five Points their home. The are lead by Lenny who had heard that the stick in Harold's head had brought him here to find the last non-irradiated plant seeds of the old world. Lenny is searching for the place (The Nursery) where Harold went so that he can replant and reforest the Denver Wasteland.
- The Brotherhood of Steel wants to find and analyze all of the lost tech around Colorado Springs and Fort Carson and reclaim Vault 0 in Cheyenne Mountain from the Enclave.
What’s the world’s culture? What are the cultural analogs? Analogs can be taken from historical earth, current events or fantasy works.Edit
Post-apocalyptic alternative timeline Colorado, set in the Fallout Universe.
What’s the conflict in which the characters are involved? What are the sides? What’s wrong?Edit
- The Enclave - "To destroy the mutants in the wasteland, we will secure the AI by locating it in Denver; we will kill any who resist."
- The NCR -
- Caesar's Legion -
- Ghoultown (Fivepoints/CBD)
- Master's Army [Supermutants](Lower Downtown Denver)
- Brotherhood of Steel
- Great Khans
- Followers of the Apocalypse
What physical place does the conflict take place in? What’s the ecology, environment, location?Edit
The Wastelands around Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Carson
What’s the name of the most important place in this setting? Not the capital or any dumb shit like that, but The Place where all the action goes down?Edit
- Vault 0 or Vault 29
What’s the name of a faraway place that folks talk about, dream about or mutter under their breath about?Edit
Who are the antagonists? Who is opposing the goals of the characters?Edit
- The Vault 29 AI
Imagine all of the characters are standing in a room/ruin/field with the antagonists or their minions. What do the antagonists want from that meeting? What do the character want from that meeting? That’s where your game begins.Edit
- The ruins of Union Station, downtown Denver.
- The death of any non-Vault born humans
- To survive
Alternately, imagine the characters standing at the scene of some great disaster or calamity clearly caused by one of the antagonists. What’s the disaster? How did it happen? What are the characters going to do about it right now?Edit
- Nuking the metropolitan Denver area
- Bringing an AI online connected with an orbital satellite which will launch the nuke at Denver.
- Up to the characters
What character stocks are in play in this world? Which are restricted and why?Edit
- Super Mutants
What Cultural Traits apply to the characters of this game world? Pick three Character Traits for each culture.Edit